For the answers to some frequently asked questions click on the question below.
If you can’t find the answer to your question here please contact me.
Blogging in its simplest form is a log or diary style piece of writing. It even takes its name from weB LOG. For small businesses, it is an invaluable way to provide valuable content to your audience and it is one of the quickest and easiest ways to add fresh content to your website. Regularly updating your website will mean a greater chance of it being found in searches.
Proofreading comes at the end of the editing process. A proofreader will check the final draft for spelling errors, punctuation errors, grammatical errors, typing errors and correct use of regional language e.g. colour/color. Proofreaders tend to work more on paper as it is easier to spot errors this way.
A copy editor will do the same as a proofreader but crucially will make changes to the original text to ensure that it is clear what the author is trying to say. They will also check consistency throughout the text (such as ensuring characters names remain the same throughout). Copy editors rewrite sentences and paragraphs to improve the flow. Copy editors tend to work more on screen as it is easier to make amendments.
Send me your handwritten notes or audio recordings and I will type them into an appropriate format and proofread them for you.
Copywriting is the process of crafting your written message on your behalf. This could be for pieces such as website content, blogs, newsletters, landing pages or sales posts. Perhaps you don’t have the time to get things written or you may just hate writing, so why not outsource this task to me so you can get on with the things you do love to do!
The problem with writing something is that you know it inside out, this means you are unlikely to spot errors such as missing punctuation. It is good practice to have someone else give your writing the once over to ensure that it reads as you want it to. It is also a good idea to have a fresh pair of eyes check your work to make sure that what you have written is grammatically accurate. We are all guilty of it; you have an idea and you write it down but then when you read it back it is not quite what you intended and this is where working with a copy editor can help. Overall a proofreader or copy editor will ensure that your writing gets your message across with a professional finish.
Using a copywriter will allow you to have more time free to concentrate on the things you really love about your business instead of the things you hate and who doesn’t love crossing something off their to do list!
1) Message me via the contact form to tell me about your project.
2) I will get back to you to gain access to the item that you want me to work on e.g. a copy of the file, the web address or the information required to complete the work.
3) You sit back, relax and leave the hard work to me.
1) You send me a 500-word sample of the piece, this needs to be indicative of the rest of the piece to allow me to gauge the level of work that is required.
2) You tell me how many words the complete piece is and give me a brief description of what you require and whether there is a specific deadline. I will do my best to accommodate quick turnaround jobs however this may not always be possible.
3) I will look through the sample and the supplied information then send you a tailored quote with an anticipated completion date. Particularly large jobs such as novels will be completed in multiple stages.
4) If you decide to go ahead a 10% deposit is required to secure the booking.
5) You send the piece to me at the time of booking and then leave it to me.
6) Upon completion of the first half of the project, you will be invoiced for 50% of the remaining balance.
When the project is complete I will return the work to you with my notes and amendments. I use Microsoft Word track changes to allow you to clearly see what has been done.
7) If you are happy and require no additional alterations I will send you the final invoice.
Once the project has been completed and you are completely satisfied, I will send you an invoice with full payment instructions.
If you would like to arrange a payment plan for larger invoices, please mention this on the contact form when you enquire.